Friday, July 30, 2010

on conversations...

sometimes i don't give hubby enough credit for his ability to truly understand me.  this evening was a perfect example.  there we were at home depot, me being me of coarse had forgotten why we were there.
ME: what are we getting?  why are we looking at wood?
HUBBY: i need some 8' 2x4s
ME: what for?
HUBBY: /slight sigh from him, because i'm going to make saw horses.
ME: well how many boards do you need?
HUBBY: 9
ME: 9?!?! are you going to make a herd of saw horses? (my eyes must have lit up like the las vegas strip because he quickly followed with)
HUBBY: and no, i will NOT make you a saw pony!"
ME: WHAAAAAA!!!!  that's not fair!  you get TWO saw horses and i can't have just ONE little saw pony?!?!?!
HUBBY: /bigger sigh on his part as we proceed to pick out some boards.
ME: don't get that one, it's got a bad spot.  you don't want a lame saw horse.  i mean jeez look at it, it's already injured.

so, to call in moral support, out comes the cell phone.  the texting goes as follows:
ME: hubby is making himself a couple of saw horses.  he won't make me just 1 saw pony! (little crying man animation)
MOM: Maybe they will eventually have a baby.
ME: i peed a little on that one
MOM: Bad girl, Bad girl...
ME: Home depot is mine now

so that got me to thinking about a conversation me and Mom had over the weekend.  i was rattling on about my tomato plants and how excited i am.
ME: i think i 'm going to name them.
MOM: name what?
ME: my two tomato plants.
MOM: /short pause, that's kind of morbid.
ME: oh really...how's that?
MOM: well, you raise them and take care of them, then eventually you take away their children and eat them.
ME: ...I LOVE YOU!

intelligent people have some of the most interesting conversations.  maybe i'm bias since i'm usually one of the guilty parties...

0 comments:

Post a Comment